Brighton Photo Fringe 2018
22nd Aug 2018
This October, Brighton Photo Fringe (BPF) presents its 8th edition along the South East coast, taking place across Brighton, Hove, Hastings and Worthing from 29 September to 28 October.
One of the largest and most inclusive photography festivals in the UK, BPF18 takes inspiration from
Marvin Heiferman’s 2012 book and project for the Smithsonian Photography Initiative: click! photography changes everything. It collated “a series of original essays, stories and images that explore the many ways photography shapes our culture and our lives”. It explored how photography changes “who we are, what we do, what we see, where we go, what we want and what we remember.”
- A series of self curated exhibitions in popup venues
- OPEN18 SOLO at ONCA with an installation by winner Sarah Howe and a showreel of twenty other shortlisted artists
- OPEN18 Young Photographers, twenty selected artists on the Outdoor Hub
- Artist Residency at Colonnade House, Worthing by Jack Latham
- Photo Hastings Hub at Hastings Arts Forum with ‘Not the Final Major Project’
- Trainee Curators Programme for 3 emerging curators
- Danny Wilson Memorial Award, with 3 awards: Professionals’ Choice, Trainee Curators’ Choice and the People’s’ Choice
- Instagram Project: #ThisPhotoChangedMyLife
Image: Barry Falk, from the series Thresholds of the Mind, 2018.